Working together, CAPRiser aims to foster and support collaborative development businesses with high potential advanced technology. This Call for Proposals (CFP) is open to companies from Canada/US who wish to expand their exposure to the Chinese market.
- Applicants are expected to have ready to market solutions for products.
- Funding is available for qualified Canadian and US participants. Companies are eligible for up to USD$10 million in phase one.
- Canadian Angel Investment Foundation (CAIF) will evaluate the submitted proposals and communicate the results within about 3 months after the call deadline.
2. Application deadlines
In response to COVID-19 Pandemic, CAPRiser will be extending the registration deadlines to 13 July 2020, and that this date may be further extended. The extension would apply to some deadlines for both European applications and North American applications.
- Registration deadline:
May 5, 2020July 13, 2020
- Expression of Interest deadline:
August 3, 2020October 19, 2020
3. Sectors of focus
- Hi-tech Industrial (Technology-based machinery, Artificial intelligence, Technology-based machineries and others)
- Clean technologies (including environmental technologies)
- Health/Biotech/Bio-sciences (including biopharmaceuticals, digital health, medical devices, and nutraceuticals)
4. Contact details:
CAIF – Global Development Collaboration (GDC)
Mr. Ivar Wong
5.Milestones for Overall Process:
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Launch
- RFP Submission in Canada
- Application review in China and Canada
- Announcement of results and project approval
- Final due diligence and approval
- Project start, monitoring and release of funds
1) Given the volume of applications we receive, we can’t spend very long reviewing each application. Therefore, it is strongly advised to use bullets points whenever possible.
2) Answer the question, please answer our questions directly & concisely as it is asked.
3) Have your peer to review your application before you submit it.
** If the company can achieve the predetermined sales profit target within the first three years of establishment, the program will invest another 10 million US dollars.